National Women in Business Day!
The C.A. Lawton Co. is proud to celebrate and recognize National Women in Business Day to all of our hardworking administration ladies! Here are a few statistics of how women are and will continue to be, driving forces in the business world.
- More than 11.6 million firms are owned by women, employing nearly 9 million people, and generating $1.7 trillion in sales as of 2017.
- Women make up nearly half the labor force.
- In the past 5 years alone, the number of women-owned businesses has grown 21%, while the total number of businesses increased by only 9%.
- Women own 31% of small businesses or franchises in the US.
- Today, there are more than 13 million women-owned businesses in America and counting.
- Women in America start 1,817 businesses every day.
- Women-owned businesses statistics show that 17% of black women are in the process of starting or running new businesses.